I cannot believe the potential of Google Docs!
I have engaged with it once before (a collaborative document) and it was interesting to view the responses of others on an issue of interest. I can use this in the classroom, particularly to compose class text types and even a class powerpoint presentation. The idea of a collaborative digital text would be a way to engage students in their learning of English, especially at my school where most students have access to Macs. I have just created a data grid for my Year 11 Standard English class to explore the various notions of Power. Stay tuned for an evaluation!
I believe that Google Docs would definitely appeal to staff as this is an opportunity to work "smarter and not harder". By establishing the task using the applications and then explaining the task to students, the students will then "own" the task and students will also "own" their learning, moving them from dependent to independent learners. Looking forward to using this more frequently in my own teaching practice!
Just used it with Year 11.....they LOVED it! They thoroughly enjoyed using Google Docs as they were able to complete their data grid on Power. The girls were impressed and so was I! I will definitely use this with my classes!
Hi Mosh,
ReplyDeleteHere is the link to the actual form for Persuasive writng.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dGRoQi1BcVY3ZVhtNjVyM1VSSDRUMkE6MQ#gid=0
Thank you sssooo much!
ReplyDeleteI work at a primary school that runs a few Mac's without office so Google Docs is an absolute saviour. The content of Web 2 is great and many of the things on offer work well in a multi-modal learning environment.
ReplyDelete