Sunday, March 6, 2011

Module 7

Delicious is absolutely amazing!
I am forever gravitating between 3 different computers and have bookmarked so many items on all 3! I have just consolidated EVERYTHING onto Delicious! It is wonderful to use the single application and have all my resources and reading in the one place. The beauty of Delicious is that it codes them properly once imported and on the right side of the page, there is a key for me to use when locating a resource. I envisage this use for many purposes: for use with my own staff as part of sharing resources and professional readings; with Stage 6 English and critical readings or really in any other capacity where teaching and learning is collaborative. Delicious will definitely be used in my ICT world!

5 comments:

  1. Agree with your enthusiasm - to be able to tag sites on all computers and unify them into one simple "bookmark file" will be really useful and great to share with students. When they leave Year 12 and hand back their Macs, they will still be able to use this archive for future tertiary study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love using my delicious account. I have lost so many resources over the years when changing computers and it will never happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed this is the most valuable application. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree wth you. Delicious is a free and easy site to navigate. It is very similar to 'old fashioned' bookmarking, but of course you have the advantage that no matter which computer you are using your bookmarks will be readily available to you.

    I completely agree about how convenient it is for teachers to share sites but you always get the 'slack' teachers that don't share or those that don't have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Delicious is a great way of sorting and storing websites for future use so that I can access them from wherever I am. I can't wait to become more organised!

    ReplyDelete