Wikis and Nings - I have collaborated on Wikis so this wasn't anything new. In particular, I have been a part of a class wiki whereby an assortment of digital text types were created. This worked really well with a Year 7 class where we collaborated on a narrative. The students were so enthusiastic about the project as both myself and the Principal added our own contributions to it! This alone was enough for the girls to add some very insightful storylines and developed characters which demonstrated realism and authenticity. It also gave students the opportunity to collaborate and showcase their capabilities in a forum in which they felt comfortable and affirmed by all members. This is also another way in which differentiation is utilised in order to effectively achieve the learning outcomes required by any collaborative task. The use of wikis and other collaborative programs definitely nurture a love of learning, embrace the concept of personalised learning yet sustain a collaborative and collegial partnership with all members. Students then develop the ability and confidence to reflect on and articulate their own understanding and the process (different technologies) in which they have achieved this.
I have just begun using Nings. I still need to decide in what capacity I can best enhance my own engagement with them. It seems to be an effective tool for professional global collaboration on all areas of education. I've just had my membership for Classroom 2.0 validated so I intend to pursue this in order to engage and learn more about the potential of the Ning.
No comments:
Post a Comment