I made it!
I cannot believe that I have completed the course so quickly! Maybe it’s because I was so engaged in my own learning! If it works for me, it will definitely work with my students!
I need to be mindful of developing a clear process for learning, ensuring best practice and utilisation of all relevant IWeb 2.0 tools with the Ilearn framework while maintaining a balance of the traditional approaches, particularly in English. I also need to tap into my students’ learning styles in order to differentiate using Blooms and Gardner. This will not only empower my students to engage in their learning and strive for excellence but it will also shape my future teaching practice by incorporating the ILearn model in conjunction with Web 2.0 tools effectively. The integration of the six skills necessary for learning may also be mapped with specific tools in order for students to develop a clear process for enquiry.
In terms of Blooms Digital Taxonomy, the possibilities are endless! I already have visions of its integration into my teaching of English. This provides a flexible framework in order to facilitate personalised learning in the classroom. Abstract concepts in English are made concrete for students, especially lower ability students who would struggle with traditional methods of delivery.
I currently use podcasting and vodcasting as a means of “creating” but still have a long way to go. I would like to incorporate “Second Life” in terms of developing an understanding of contexts with the use of virtual worlds and avatars. I am using Iweb for English Studies where the girls are challenged and engaged yet the content is differentiated for students to work at their own pace, complete tasks which they feel confident with, yet are also able to create collaboratively. Google Docs is a brilliant collaborative tool which fosters a culture of differentiation in terms of “evaluating” and “creating”.
I am very much looking forward to embracing the ILearn framework and Web 2.0 tools in my own teaching in order to develop best practice and enhance learning!
Congratulations Mosh, I have enjoyed reading your reflections on the course and your experience as you worked through it,
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Diane
Thanks Diane!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Mosh! I agree with you about getting through the content quicker than expected! I think because it is engaging and so relevant to our jobs it makes it easier to integrate into our teaching. Good luck for the rest of the year!
ReplyDeleteJulie-Anne
Thank you Julie-Anne! Once you begin the Web 2.0 course, it's very difficult to stop! Good luck to you too!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on completing your course so swiftly. I finally finished it and have enjoyed reading through your posts and hearing about your learning experiences of Web 2.0.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Mosh! I finding that with every inservice, workshop, and PD day, there are more and more teaching tools at our disposal. Your reflection was very interesting because I think that you are absolutely correct in saying that there is a balance between traditional and "new" methods of teaching and learning and not using technology for technology's sake.
ReplyDeleteYou said it best with...
Being mindful of developing a clear process for learning, ensuring best practice and utilisation of all relevant IWeb 2.0 tools with the Ilearn framework while maintaining a balance of the traditional approaches.
Thanks Mosh and I'm looking forward to working with you and your iLearn projects in the future!
Thank you all for your wonderful words! Best of luck to you all!
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Mosh
Thankyou for your thoughts on all of the Web 2.0 Technologies.
ReplyDeleteWe need to ensure that we are not using the technology for its own sake, and that we always have outcomes as the primary focus of our teaching and learning with students.
Congrats!